Online Blog #1: The Printing Press- The Start of an Evolution
Is the Printing Press the Most Important Innovation Throughout History?
I can
easily admit that I am quite bias towards this question as I certainly think
the literary outcomes of the printing press are near vital in today’s world as
books and other written works are things that are important to me. The printing
press brought along a new age of literature and societal revolution which is
why I am fascinated with it. It created a new type of communication between different
classes of people that was not there before: a connection formed through mass
media.
"Where would YOU be without the Printing Press?"
The newspaper:
one of the most significant mass media forms throughout history. It combined entertainment
and information to send to the masses of people, no longer restricted to the
elite classes. Today, most of us get our news online, much of this news coming
from newspapers that no longer print but posts online. This makes you think, if
we never had newspapers, we would not have the content we get online today. And
without the information we get today, our lives would be vastly different. So,
without the printing press, where would the world really be? Where would you
really be?

Comments
Post a Comment